Thursday, January 5, 2012

Winners and a big failure

I have no pictures of these but last week I made crack bread and slutty brownies to share at work.  They both turned out wonderfully.  I do suggest adding more butter and ranch to the crack bread.  I personally think extra would be a good addition.  The slutty brownies are even better if you use Betty Crocker packages.  You not only get the brownies but you also get boxtops for education to give to your kids school.  No kids!  Hey, you get slutty brownies then.  And oh are they easy!!!

On to my FAILure this week. I attempted beet chips. I enjoy beets but dislike all the nasty stuff in chips. I prepared my oven and beets. This is the result.   
They were tough and chewy.  I took a pic of a few then tossed them all to the animals.

I have enjoyed the outcome of making the Duggar laundry detergent recipe!  It works just as well as the commercial brands.  The first load of laundry I did with it was the test.  My youngest had spent the weekend with her Papa.  He forgot to tell me she had a blowout in some pants that he had not washed.   :0    Those pants came out the wash without a stain.  Thank goodness. 

 The biggest advantage of this detergent is the cost.  I spent less than, including new container, twenty dollars on it.  It's estimated (per other sites) .01-.05 a load.  I think that is pretty close to accurate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment