Thursday, January 19, 2012

New Years Resolutions vs. Goals

I've had many life changing events over the last few years.  A baby, a breakup, a relationship, joining Al-anon, court dates because of the baby and ex.  There are so many reasons I could be a bitter Bettie right now.  I'm glad for the day I sat crying in my kitchen while trying to make breakfast.  No, I really am.  I picked myself up because I realized it was my choice.  My choice to allow the alcoholic back into mine and my daughters lives.  My choice to allow him to destroy our trust once again.  I found myself choosing to change my life.  Through my changes I've changed my daughters lives as well.  I chose this year not to make New Years resolutions.  I'm calling them goals.  My mindset is more likely to strive and reach a goal rather than a resolution.  I want to share my Goals for 2012 with everyone.

Take the 40 bags in 40 days challenge.  [Happily I've already filled more than 20 bags.]
I want to get Yogafit certified by the end of the year.  [This is my biggest goal for the year.  I work weekends so it sometimes becomes a nightmare getting one off.]
I want to take my daughters to a hot air balloon launch.  [Think how amazing it would be sitting on a blanket with my girls watching the balloons fill up and take off.]
I want to fit back into my size 10 jeans.   I'm currently a size 14.  And lose at least 20 lbs.
I want to explore new horizons and find a new hobby.

I want to chase the end of a rainbow with my daughters.
I plan to take more relaxing baths this year.  [A single mom needs this one!]
I will find time to meditate/pray daily this year.  [Single Moms need this too!!]
I want to try a new recipe each week.
I plan to finish an entire coloring book.
Take the 30 day Mom Challenge.
I plan to organize "that" closet.  [I've done my initial clean out but still more needs to happen to get that closet up to par.]
Contribute routinely to complete the memory jar for New Years 2013.


I'm at 719 pins.
 I spent a lot of time on there last week while my little one was sick.  All she wanted to do was curl up beside me & sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment