Thursday, November 22, 2012

when all you want to eat is ice cream and popiscles

The Magic Mouthwash ingredients sound disgusting and not likely to help a sore throat.  After reading the Sprittibee's blog post about it I gave in.  I was hurting.  I had tons of nasty looking phlegm, a killer sore throat, slight fever, aches, etc.  I had been to the doctor.   He assured me it was not strep or bacterial.  Yeah, but still in pain.  I looked online for home remedies.  I found  two I used other than the salt water gargle for my throat.  The salt water gargle had done nothing for my throat in terms of relief.

 
The ingredients are simple: 1 part children's benadryl (I used cherry flavored) and 1 part milk of magnesia or similar (cherry flavor again).  It numbed my throat!!  It truly works.  I have not tried it with my children since no one has had a sore throat yet.
The other online remedy I used was in the evenings and it is a pretty old school remedy but it does work.  It is not for young children. Wild turkey heated up, a teaspoon honey and a splash of lemon. I bought a small thing of Wild Turkey 101 with the thought "that'll kill anything in my throat".  All the other ingredients I had on hand.  I always suggested using local honey.  I buy mine at the farmers market.
I hope this finds everyone in great health and it's just a post to read :) 
 
Disclaimer:  I am not a doctor or nurse.  Before using any of these remedies make sure you check with your MD, DO, NP or PA.
 
And Everyone have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment