Thursday, November 29, 2012

Advent calendars

With a dog in the house, who eats all the chocolate he can find, the traditional candy advent calendar we buy is not a good idea.  I wanted to do something different this year so I logged onto Pinterest..  I found several ideas to help me out.  I printed out a scripture chain (below) then added surprise tickets on various days for fun activities.  I did a Christmas express ticket to view Christmas lights, special candy or juice boxes, Christmas crafts, picking out the tree, setting up the nativity set, recreating the nativity with dollies, and so on.
 
 
 
She has ideas to create advent calendars like the one in the picture.  As well as activity ideas. 
 
 
I printed this one out onto green and red paper to form a chain. 
 
 
 
Too cute but requires a good bit of effort, time and materials.  Maybe next year. 
 
 
This one you can choose from pre-selected activities or create your own. 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment