Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hip, Hoppity Down the Bunny Trail

For the Easter Party at my daughters school I signed up for decorations. I plan to make a couple items for the classroom.  Then check out Dollar Tree to see if they have any good buys. It is hard to pick toddler friendly decor. They have three tables in the room so I plan to make one of these for each table.
To make it toddler friendly I have bought small, clear plastic cups.  Fill bottom layer with candy.  I'll use an empty spool in the middle then fill the peeps around that.  Then top off with more candies.  I'm using peep bunnies and jelly beans.  If the kids eat it then that is okay.
 
I would love to make something like this bunny/balloon centerpiece but I worry with toddlers there might be tears if one wants to take a bunny home. 
Unfortunately I cannot afford to make 15 of them.  I might make one for the house though because that is too cute!  It looks pretty straight forward.  Felted basket, small bowl inside then easter grass.  Add bunny with balloon and plastic eggs.
 
For the party they want us to bring enough stuffed plastic eggs for all the kids.  I'm certain all the parents feel the same as I that these kids will get enough candy on Easter. I want to put non-candy items in the eggs. 
 
Here are some ideas:
small toys or trinkets......Dollar Tree, Target, Walmart
stickers
fake tattoos
small bubbles
homemade playdough
chapstick
homemade silly putty
chalk
hair bows
small cars
individual drink packets
money
homemade crayons (we're doing bunny shapes)
cross necklaces.....Orientaltrading normally has them
 
For Bigger Eggs:
small play-dohs
bubbles
individual cocoa
individual peanut butter cups or nutella cups
 
A parent one year placed tokens to ChuckECheese in them. (Her daughters birthday party was that night).  Last one is something one parent did when my oldest was in pre-K.  She completely forgot the party was that day.  When she saw everyone dropping off the eggs she ran home to snag her sons basket.  Then she ran by the store and out of the quarter machines bought 8.  The kids loved those eggs!  Lucky her there were only 8 in the class! 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment