Monday, February 11, 2013

V-Day 2013

I am not a big Valentine's Day fan.  The last time I went out, on a date, for Valentine's Day was in 2006.  Where I live it's a struggle to find something traditional to do.  Most restaurants do not take reservations except on February 14th.  The downside to that is most have no idea how to handle reservations.  In 2006 my husband got us reservations at my favorite hibachi place.  We arrived 15 minutes before our time to see all the tables were full (the hibachi table seating there is only 32) and none had started eating yet.  By the time our reservation time arrived 6 other couples had arrived with reservations same as us.  We actually went around the corner to a bar we used to hang out at in college.  Played pool, ordered pizza and talked. 
Now I place less emphasis on the romance and more on the fun.  I plan a fun dinner, crafts, movie and too many dessert treats. 
 
This year on the menu is:
 
Personal Pizzas
English muffins, pizza sauce, toppings per the person.
So easy, quick and the girls luv making them!

Party Punch
pineapple juice, orange juice, frozen limeade and lemonade concentrate, ginger ale and orange, lemon and lime sherbet.
 
Homemade heart gumdrops
The recipe seems pretty simple.  I should be able to make it Wednesday evening then cut them out Thursday while the kids are at school.

Chocolate Cherry Bark
I have seen a few recipes like this for holidays on Pinterest.  The cherry and chocolate appealed to me.  Plus I bought a four pack of Wilton flavorings during the holidays and still have the cherry left.

 
For surprises I have the supplies to make each girl one of these.

Plus of course the cards I am making them.
 
For the movie that night I have yet to decide.  I think I might let them rent the latest Barbie movie from redbox.  Instead of a dedicated craft this year after school we are going indoor swimming.  So I can workout a bit before the sweets.  :)
 
I hope everyone has a sweet Valentine's Day!

 

1 comment: